[MINC-development] MINC 2.0.19/2.1 and HDF 1.6/1.8

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:53:33 EDT 2010

> It's been a while since the last release.  And since the CVS repo with
> your fixes is not public, I vote for a new release.

I am beginning to think this is the best too.

> The HDF Group has announced that there will be no further 1.6.x
> releases, so sticking with it will become more and more difficult as
> time goes on.

Aye, perhaps the best plan is to just plan in the future to remove
netcdf. I am not sure but I am sure I read somewhere that HDF5 can
read netcdf files. No doubt this is via having netcdf4 installed given
that Netcdf4 seems to be a pre-requisite for HDF5 1.8.x

So for now it seems that we have to keep chugging on with both of them
installed and not expect this to change soon.

Thanks all, for now I will release MINC 2.1 and write a big warning
page about it or something.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)