[MINC-development] MINC 2.0.19/2.1 and HDF 1.6/1.8

Jonathan Harlap jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 18 06:55:31 EDT 2010

[hope this isn't double posted - my apologies if it is]

I haven't been following the HDF 1.6 vs 1.8 thing - but may I dare to ask,
does supporting HDF 1.8 mean no longer supporting HDF 1.6? Could not MINC
2.1 run equally with both versions? It's just a question to know - let me
pre-empt the obvious reaction: I can't offer time right now to make that
happen, and as such I don't claim to have a meaningful vote here.

I know of several servers in the world I'm still connected to using these
tools which will not be updated to new (or even current) distro versions any
time soon - they don't have HDF 1.8.

Cheers,