[MINC-development] compiler warnings when building in 2.0.18

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:19:11 EDT 2009

Hi Sean,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 17:33, Sean McBride<sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> Building MINC 2.0.18 in 64bit I notice several serious/legit warnings:
>
> libsrc/ParseArgv.c: In function 'ParseArgv':
> libsrc/ParseArgv.c:177: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
> different size
>
> I'd offer a patch, but I'm not 100% sure about how this code works.

Can't remember if I responded to this directly but the answer is by
all means. ParseArvg is a bit of a hairy goat that has been beaten
into submission multiple times with 32->64bit changes. We really
should have switched to something like popt by now but old habits are
hard to break.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)