[MINC-development] compiler warnings when building in 2.0.18

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jun 15 03:33:44 EDT 2009

Andrew, all,

Building MINC 2.0.18 in 64bit I notice several serious/legit warnings:

libsrc/ParseArgv.c: In function 'ParseArgv':
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:177: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:180: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:202: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:225: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:241: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size

libsrc/ParseArgv.c: In function 'PrintUsage':
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:402: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:411: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size
libsrc/ParseArgv.c:421: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
different size

I'd offer a patch, but I'm not 100% sure about how this code works.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com