[MINC-development] MINC2 and required NetCDF version

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:27:30 EDT 2009

Hi Sean,

>>/* Maximum number of icv's allowed */
>>#define MI_MAX_NUM_ICV MAX_NC_OPEN
>>
>>Maybe this could just be changed to 32 (NetCDF's old value)?
>
> Actually, it's used elsewhere too... If I #define MAX_NC_OPEN 32 just
> after the #include <netcdf.h> in minc.h then compilation succeeds.

First why 4.x? :)  unidata still distribute 3.6.x and I think they
will for a while yet. As it is the 4.x version is not in debian that I
can see. :(

Anyhow I would prefer something like this:

/* hack to get around netcdf 3.x -> 4x. */
#ifndef MAX_NC_OPEN
#define MI_MAX_NUM_ICV 32
#else
#define MI_MAX_NUM_ICV MAX_NC_OPEN
#endif.

Can you test this please?  if it works fine I can commit this to CVS.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)