[MINC-development] multi-architecture builds of minc2 on OSX

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:58:37 EST 2008

Hi Richard,

 From what I can see the problem here is being caused by the -MD/-MP
flags that are being passed to configure via some automake/autoconf
incantations. From what I can understand also, though these flags seem
fairly common in a automake/conf build.

What this means is is that if you know this specific code, I need to
add to Makefile.am and/or configure.ac I am more than happy to include
it or at least test it but myself. I can't seem to find any
documentation on this particular problem out there anywhere.

Thanks for the heads up though it helped me a few days ago when I was
trying to build a similar cross-platform version of MINC.

On Jan 11, 2008 9:16 AM, Richard Beare <richard.beare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect this isn't a major problem for most people, but it does
> cause slight headaches.
>
> If I attempt to build a combined 32/64 bit library using the following
> configure command:
> (export CFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64 -I/opt/local/include"; export
> LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64 -L/opt/local/lib";./configure
> --enable-minc2)
>
> I get this error:
>
>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./libsrc -I./volume_io/Include
> -I./volume_io/Include -I./progs/Proglib -I./conversion/Acr_nema
> -I./libsrc2 -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -I/opt/local/include -MT
> libsrc/ParseArgv.lo -MD -MP -MF libsrc/.deps/ParseArgv.Tpo -c
> libsrc/ParseArgv.c -o libsrc/ParseArgv.o
> gcc-4.0: -E, -S, -save-temps and -M options are not allowed with
> multiple -arch flags
>

> looks like some minor configure tweaks should fix things. I've created
> the 32 and 64 bit libraries separately and merged them.

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883