[MINC-development] set_cache_output_volume_parameters in minc2, 64 bits

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 12 13:29:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

Any minc developers out there?

I stumbled across a seg fault running classify this morning while testing the
latest image-processing tools in minc2. The problem appears to be due to volume
caching, as in the following example taken from classify:

      if ( cache_set ) {
        set_cache_output_volume_parameters(fuzzy_volume[k],
                                           fuzzy_filename[k],
                                           fuzzy_type,
                                           FALSE,
                                           fuzzy_voxel_min,
                                           fuzzy_voxel_max,
                                           input_filename[0],
                                           history,
                                           (minc_output_options *) NULL ) ;

      } /* if ( cache_set ) */

There are other functions associated with caching as well. The seg fault occurs
while writing the minc file.

When I deactivated caching in classify (it has a convenient -nocache option),
then execution completed normally, giving the same output as minc1 with cache.
Compilation was on a Linux 64-bit Red Hat machine, gcc 3.4.4. The problem does
not seem to show up in minc2 in 32 bits, nor in minc1 32 or 64 bits. I'm using
the pre-release minc-2.0.13 package.

Perhaps someone has some free time to look at this problem as I don't have
time right now. Given that I found an easy way to bypass the problem, I'm not
too motivated to play in the source code if I don't have too. :-)

Any ideas?

bye

Claude