[MINC-development] Problem building MINC2 from pure static libs

Rick Hoge rhoge at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 20 16:34:30 EST 2007

Hi -

I tried building the minc-2.0.14 source, and had problems when trying
to build all libs static.

Basically I built

SZIP, ZLIB, HDF5, and NetCDF all with --disable-static in the
configure step

If I configure MINC with --enable-minc2 and --disable-shared I get

   checking for library hdf5... no
   configure: error: cannot find required library hdf5

Even though libhdf5.a is in the required place.  If I build HDF5
including shared libs, the problem goes away.

Shouldn't the --disable-shared flag prevent any dependency on other
shared libs?  The full configure invocation I'm using is:

./configure --prefix=/Users/rhoge/src/MINC/install --with-build-path=/
Users/rhoge/src/MINC/install --enable-minc2 --enable-acr-nema --
disable-shared

I'm building on a Mac Pro Intel Xeon running MacOSX 10.5

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rick