[MINC-development] mincreshape

Vladimir FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:32:24 EDT 2007

Hello,

On 5/24/07, John G. Sled <jgsled at sickkids.ca> wrote:

> Hi Andrew and Vladimir,
>
> What did you finally conclude was the cause of the stripes?  Is there
> a bug in mincreshape?  In my experience, short integers work fine with
> nu_correct whether there is slice scaling or not.
Strangely enough, if you do mincreshape -float -normalize  stripes disappear.

> On a slightly related note, I have run into a problem with mincreshape
> in which
>
> mincreshape +zdirection in.mnc out.mnc
>
> doesn't change the zstep to a positive number.  The command
>
> mincreshape +direction in.mnc out.mnc
>
> created a file in which the ystep was flipped to be positive,
> but the zstep stayed negative.  Is there some logic to this
> that I am overlooking?  It seems like a bug.

It is 'feature' from the man mincreshape:

       +direction:  Flip  images  to give positive step value for
spatial axes.  Note that the flipping of spatial axes only applies to
       "image dimensions". These are the two fastest varying
(non-vector) dimensions in the file. If  you  want  to  flip  a
non-image
       dimension,  you  can  convert  it  to an image dimension with
-dimsize <dimname>=-1 (the -1 means don't really change the size).
       Check out the examples.

So, use mincreshape +direction -dimsize zspace=-1

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com