[MINC-development] MINC and Subversion

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed May 9 08:35:18 EDT 2007

> Now you're just trying to show off.   Far far too many acronyms
> here... ;)
>
> Although I question the need for client certifcates, why is this
> really needed?  Should not (at least) the core MINC repo be open for
> anonymous read access and have a few pumpkings who are allowed to
> comit?  Out of interest, what do you happen to use in tronno? SVN as
> per the above setup? Or is there no real central thingo?

We use a simple SVN with apache setup - no SSL, just plain apache
authentication, and with a separately maintained set of accounts
(htpasswd) for write access. Not the most secure solution, but
hopefully enough for our purposes.

> 1. keep on burying our heads and leave it in CVS
>
> 2. install SVN and lots of acronyms on feeble.
>
> 3. Use a third party.
>
> Myself I am Oh so tempted by #3.  Perhaps a review of the options for
> #3 are in order.

I've used google code for a different project and quite like it - but
all repositories have to be world readable, which might not be what you
want. I suspect that the desire to keep certain repositories private
will mean that the do it yourself solution is still best.

Cheers,

Jason