[MINC-development] label volumes

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:18:37 EDT 2007

> > I think this comes down to the fact that at this stage there is no new
> > tool needed by anybody. :)  And if there is, I suspect that they would
> > use something like minc_simple.h to do it.  (well at least I hope they
> > would!)
> >
> I'm not talking about new tools - and I think this entire thread sort of
> disproves your assertion. Many MINC tools would benefit from treating
> label volumes differently than regular volumes. mincmath and minccalc
> could treat complex numbers (for which there is also support in MINC2)
> correctly. And so on. Nothing essential, as these issues can be
> circumnavigated, yet doing so often results in unnecessary and ugly hacks.

I was waiting until someone was going to pull the MINC one is broken
card :)  Yes, of course, in these cases, there is a lot of work that
could be done on the core programmes of MINC. Unfortunately, I have
been spending most of my spare time as of late working on porting some
existing MINC tools such as N3 and mni_autoreg to a clean MINC1/2
build first. Once I have managed to achieve this, then I can worry
about actually porting them to MINC 2! :)

So if someone is boored. I would suggest that a good project would be
to implement voxel loop in MINC2 native.