[MINC-development] Latest MINC 2.0 API documentation

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:35:40 -0500

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, John G. Sled wrote:

> >   value = miget_real_value_3D(volume, x, y, z);
> >
> > ?  The current implementation whilst nice and general isn't that easy for
> > newbies to grok IMHO.
>
> That comment is just SO three dimensional ;)  Actually, I had
> envisioned that miget_real_value would be little used with most
> programs favouring the miget_real_value_hyperslab function instead.

:) we can hope!  I think a lot of people will stil be stuck in the

 for
   for
     for
        get_vox_val(x, y, z)

type logic for a while.  And also, what about random and pseudo random access?
If the user really is going through using a hyperslab (in most likely a nive
defined order) just use voxel_loop! :)

> Any thoughts on how to make these hyperslab functions easier to use
> would be appreciated.

Orright, they look pretty easy to follow, my first question (on both hyperslab
and miget_real_value() is:

In both the voxel_offsets[] and sizes[] arrays, what are the indicies?  The file
dimension order?  or "std ordering" ie: zyx?

myself I'd prefer both to be supported (for various purposes) but realise this
is a difficult ask.  I think however this is what you are trying to do with
miset_dimension_apparent_voxel_order() no?