[MINC-development] minc-patch: fixing check for gunzip

Vicka Corey minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:33:45 -0500

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:37:40PM -0500, Jason Lerch wrote:
> A small amount. If all you care about are the MINC tools then it should
> be relocateable. The libraries are a bit trickier, since the libtool
> archives remember the flags (and therefore the paths) that they were
> compiled with and will complain if they are relocated.There are a few
> other applications, such as MNI-Display, which also unfortunately still
> depend on a few files being in a hardcoded place (which is determined
> at configure time when the software is being compiled). So for the
> purposes of the installer I've set it to be hardcoded for now to avoid
> any of those issues. It is also a monolithic installer at this point
> (i.e. has all of our tools), which might not be ideal for your
> purposes.

hmm.  well, i went ahead and installed it, and tried running it with
the freesurfer recon-all script.  it doesn't quite succeed though:

mritotal -verbose -debug -clobber -protocol icbm orig/orig.mnc transforms/talairach.xfm
defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/local/mni/lib/mni_autoreg/Startup.pm line 231.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
Can't locate Getopt/Tabular.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/mni/lib/mni_autoreg usr/local/mni/lib/Library/Perl/5.8.1 /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl .) at /usr/local/mni/bin/mritotal line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/mni/bin/mritotal line 56.
ERROR: mritotal failed
ERROR: talairach exited with non-zero status

...is Tabular.pm one of your things, or do i need to get it from some other
perl distribution source?  or is there something else going wrong here?

thanks,
--vicka