[MINC-development] minc-patch: fixing check for gunzip

Jason Lerch minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:37:40 -0500

A small amount. If all you care about are the MINC tools then it should
be relocateable. The libraries are a bit trickier, since the libtool
archives remember the flags (and therefore the paths) that they were
compiled with and will complain if they are relocated.There are a few
other applications, such as MNI-Display, which also unfortunately still
depend on a few files being in a hardcoded place (which is determined
at configure time when the software is being compiled). So for the
purposes of the installer I've set it to be hardcoded for now to avoid
any of those issues. It is also a monolithic installer at this point
(i.e. has all of our tools), which might not be ideal for your
purposes.

Jason