[MINC-development] minc-patch: fixing check for gunzip

Jason Lerch minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:24:48 -0500

We've gotten it all to work under 10.2.8 from my installer. But the
tests weren't all that thorough, to be honest, so there might still be
incompatibilities lurking somewhere (I don't know enough about OS X yet
to know what to expect in this regard).

For the rest of our toolkit there were a decent number of fixes I had
to make in order to get out code to compile. With a bit of time all
those fixes will migrate back to CVS and future releases, so hopefully
OS X will soon be fully supported for all of our stuff.

Cheers,

Jason

P.S. There was an issue with the installer and permissions under 10.2.8
- basically, you have to create the directory /usr/local/mni first and
make it owned by the user who will be running the install. That problem
will be fixed for the next release of the OS X installer. (As will the
gzipped minc files problem).