[MINC-development] Draft API for MINC 2.0

Rick Hoge minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:35:42 -0400

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 09:55  PM, Andrew Janke wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Leila Baghdadi wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you are right about the naming convention but we are trying
>> very
>> hard to keep everything backwards compatible with original minc1.0 so
>> we
>> thought it is best to call it minc still so people have no confusion
>> about
>> what happens to minc1.0 file format once minc2.0 is in use.
>
> Although as it happens, netCDF 4.0 will (apparently if all goes to
> plan) use HDF
> as it's data storage layer anyhow. :)
>
>   re: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html
>   ->
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/proposals/NASA-AIST-2002/abstract.html

More than good enough for me - just wondering.  It sounded like reverse
compatibility would be maintained (I mean it would have to, wouldn't
it?).  Thanks for the links!

> --
> Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
> Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance
> W: +61 7 3365 4100  ||  H: +61 7 3800 4042  ||  M: +61 4 2138 8581

Richard D. Hoge, Ph.D.
Instructor, HMS Department of Radiology
A. A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 13th St.
Charlestown MA 02129
phone 617-726-6598
fax    617-726-7422