[MINC-development] minccmp

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:49:11 +1000

Well this is what I have after about 2 hours this afternoon...

  /software/source/minc_dev/minccmp

Sorry to those unable to access the BIC! but I think this is where the inital
voldiff et al argument started (or was it the geeks list?)

Anyhow, all it currently does is xcorr, so I am on the hunt for other objective
functions that people use to compare volumes.  I have zscore and variance ratio
on the to-do list but they are fairly simple.

I'm more after what stats within voldiff do people use? (and are preferably
voxel-based).  An equation for these might be nice too! :)

Now that I think of it, sums of squares would seem an obvious omission. I have
attempted to write minccmp in such a way that comparisons of similarity between
more than 2 volumes should be possible, if the stat allows it of course!.

Thoughts? (or should I just stop writing for MINC 1.x and wait for 2.x! ;)

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance