[MINC-development] mincpik

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:34:30 +1000

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Steve ROBBINS wrote:

> > I have updated the source in /s/s/minc_dev/mincpik.
>
> Mincpik is a very useful tool.  Is there any reason we shouldn't
> incorporate it into the MINC sources?

Peter expressed a (fairly good) reason for this a while back to me.  He thinks
it shouldn't be included as it then brings perl into the base minc distro.

In addittion it really should be called volpik as it doesn't work (I don't
think) for 2D volumes. :(. As such I have been working on my suite of "volxxx"
tools and envisionaged making a separate voltools distro in the future.