[MINC-development] Welcome

Leila Baghdadi minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:39:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone

My name is Leila Baghdadi, I work at the MICe center.

I had a chance to look the e-mails that have been sent over the past week
and I did not see any suggestion about efficiency/performance.

It seems to me that minc1.0 is definitely faster than minc0.6 but still I
checked the performance of minc1.0 against VTK for warping images and VTK
is at least twice faster on my computer which has 2 Xeon 2 GHz cpus.
E.g. VTK can apply a thin-plate spline warp to an image around 2 or 3
times faster than minc1.0 can.

The main reason for this because VTK is multi-threaded.

I thought that this should also be added to "wish-list" for long term
plans.

Thanks

Leila