[MINC-development] time for 1.1?

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:44:11 +1000

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Steve ROBBINS wrote:

> User-visible changes since 1.0 include:
>
> * Rawtominc has new "-skip" option, to allow skipping header information.
> * Mincstats option "-max_bins" renamed to "-int_max_bins", to avoid clash
>   with "-max".
> * Minccalc has new functions: tan, asin, acos, and atan.
> * Jason fixed some 64-bit issues
> * John fixed a coredump in mincstats
> * I fixed a bug in handing inverted concatenated transforms
> * manpages

> I'd like to change MINC to use automake, and to normalize the
> building process a bit, e.g. deprecate setting NETCDF_PREFIX.

I'll agree to a shift to automake on the provisor that the generation of the
binary dists (from the work that jason did) is integrated into the new make
structure for generation of a source distribution... :)

ie: we should always endeavour to make the build process easier.  Myself I still
find configure a bit of a pandoras box at times and still often resort to hand
munging of Makefiles.

At least a mechanism should be developed such that the binary dists stay current
with the source dist.

> January 16 is the anniversary of MINC 1.0, so I propose that as a target
> release date.

<tick!>

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance