[MINC-development] nonlinear .xfm for t1

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 28 13:29:08 EDT 2023

Hi Kristi,

You can start by looking at the non-linear registration in the
CIVET pipeline.

https://github.com/aces/CIVET/tree/master/progs

linear registration: bestlinreg.pl
non-linear registration: best1stepnlreg.pl

You have to start with linear registration, then proceed with non-linear.
Non-linear will work well if you are close to the target.

These scripts outline registration recipes with prescribed weight,
stiffness, similarity, sub-lattice, etc. It's a good starting point.

NOTE: You can also use ANTs in the minc-toolkit as an alternative approach.

Claude