[MINC-development] dcm2mnc issues

Cecile Madjar cecile.madjar at mcin.ca
Fri Apr 23 17:21:38 EDT 2021

Hello,

A while back, we logged several critical dcm2mnc issues on GitHub. We are
still experiencing those issues in several of our LORIS projects. I wanted
to follow up with the MINC community regarding those issues to see if
dcm2mnc is still supported and if there will be any developments regarding
those issues.

Here is the list of logged issues:
https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-tools/issues/created_by/cmadjar

As the imaging world progresses, we are encountering those problematic
issues in more of our LORIS projects and we need to provide our users
solutions regarding these issues. If there is no possibility to fix
dcm2mnc, then we may have to consider moving away from MINC, which we would
prefer avoiding for obvious reasons.

Please, let us know your thoughts on this. Help regarding these issues
would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Cécile