[Loris-dev] Logging Separate Consent for Subproject

Aaron Glick glick094 at umn.edu
Thu Jun 22 12:31:36 EDT 2023

Hello LORIS team,

I am in the process of finalizing some datasets and setting up additional
studies that are follow-ups to longer longitudinal studies for our lab. As
the subjects in these datasets were all part of a former study, we've
configured them as a separate subproject so candidates can keep their IDs,
and data can be pulled longitudinally across various subprojects. Currently
we have multiple projects (which all have multiple subprojects) in a single
instance of LORIS.

I just wanted to understand best practice for setting up additional consent
fields for these subprojects. Currently, I think the
`candidate_consent_rel` table only applies at the candidate-level, and not
the subproject.  One option would be to add an additional consent fields to
`consent` with `study_1_consent` and `study_1_subproject_1_consent` but
this seems cumbersome as it would apply to all studies, including those not
in study_1. Another option would be to make study_consent relative to the
subproject, but this would require considerable reworking of existing
tables and front end routines. Not sure what works best, but I figured the
devs would have some good advice on how to set this up for multiple
systems.

Thanks in advance,
*Aaron Glick **(he/him)*

*Data Manager & Developer*
Elison Lab | Institute of Child Development
University of Minnesota
Email: glick094 at umn.edu