[Loris-dev] Loris MRI Troubleshooting

Julian Pitney julianpitney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:09:19 EDT 2023

Hi all,

Our team is working on getting Loris MRI up and running. We have the
web-server and database server up and running with no issues. We've also
gone through the install instructions for Loris MRI. We're stuck on
uploading an MRI through the GUI image uploader.

*Versions: *loris v24.1.4 & loris-mri v24.1.11.
*DICOMs:* (From NIH's visible human project)
See: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/visible/visible_human.html
https://data.lhncbc.nlm.nih.gov/public/Visible-Human/Additional-Head-Images/MR_CT_DICOM/MRI/T1/index.html
*File name:* MTL0000_951855_V1.zip

First we create a new candidate: *DCCID: 951855 PSCID: MTL0000*
Then we create a new visit for that candidate and set the visit label to V1.
Finally, we try to upload *MTL0000_951855_V1.zip *through the imaging
uploader GUI.

*The Error:*[image: image.png]

*Details:*

> *Processing details for upload 1 of MTL0000 (CandID 951855) at V1:*
>
> *The candidate info validation has passed.*
>
> *The dicomTar.pl execution has successfully completed*
>
> *==> verifying dicom archive md5sum (checksum)*
>
> *-> checksum for target        :  10ee0f329d92e5989984e3a74cb9d5b3*
> *-> checksum from database :  10ee0f329d92e5989984e3a74cb9d5b3*
>
> *==> Verifying acquisition center*
> *-> Center Name : UNKN*
> *-> CenterID  : 0*
>

> *==> Trying to determine scanner ID*
>
> * ERROR: The validation has failed. Either re-run the validation again and
> fix the problem. Or re-run tarchiveLoader.pl using -force to force the
> execution.*
>

> *The tarchiveLoader.pl insertion script has failed.*
> *Upload processing is finished and failed*

Further, I'm curious about *how* tightly-coupled the DICOM data is to
loris-isms. It seems the perl code responsible for processing the DICOM
pulls various pieces of data out of the DICOM and inserts those values into
the database. Do *all* MRI's associated with a candidate need to have their
DICOM metadata coded to that candidate, or should the file name providing
the PSC/CAND ID's be enough?

Hoping someone can help us get the MRI pipeline running end to end :)

Thanks,
John