[Loris-dev] question regarding visit labels

Ioannis Pappas ioannis at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 19 22:40:55 EST 2020

Hi Loris support.
I hope you are well. I m using Loris version 21.0.1. I have two questions
if you allow me. 1) First I am trying to manually define my visit labels
like this in project/config.xml

<visitLabel subprojectID="1">
            <generation>sequence</generation>
            <regex>/^[A-Z0-9]{2}$/i</regex>
            <length>2</length>
            <suggest>V%value%</suggest>
            <labelSet>
                <item value="V1">V01</item>
                <item value="V2">V02</item>
                <item value="V3">V03</item>
            </labelSet>
</visitLabel>

which is very similar to the one you provide in the documentation

  <visitLabel subprojectID="1">
      <generation>sequence</generation>
      <regex>/^[A-Z0-9]{2}$/i</regex>
      <length>2</length>
      <suggest>V%value%</suggest>       <!--  %value% will be substituted
for the next unique number  -->
      <labelSet>
          <item value="V1">V1 label description</item>
          <item value="V2">V2 label description</tem>
      </labelSet>
   </visitLabel>

However when I am trying to experiment and upload a scan (e.g. via the
Imaging Uploader gui) the values don't show up in the dropdown box for the
visit labels. Am I doing something foolish and wrong?

2) From my understanding the uploaded scans will be automatically
identified (in terms of whether this is t1,t2,or flair for example) via the
min and max specifications in the mri_protocol table (that is further
connected to the mri_scan_type table). Is this correct? Subsequently any
violations will be defined based on these bounds.

Best wishes,
Ioannis