[Loris-dev] EEG-Data in Loris

Cecile Madjar cecile.madjar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:13:25 EDT 2018

Hello Iris,

this is good to hear from you! Hope everything is going well in Cuba!!

I have been working the past few months on integrating EEG data into LORIS
via the BIDS structure. The pipeline for the insertion of BIDSified raw EEG
data into LORIS is pretty much ready and needs to be tested on more
projects :). It is currently on my own fork of the LORIS-MRI repo and we
are aiming to get this released for the next major release of LORIS.
Usually, these happen every 6 months or so depending on the time the
release process and testing takes.

In the meantime, here is the link to my branch with the BIDSified EEG
insertion pipeline
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/tree/EegBidsInsertionPython> so that
you could test it on your sandbox if you wish to do so. This part of the
pipeline should not change much unless we find major bugs when you or I
test on more sample datasets. All the code for this EEG insertion is
located in the python
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/tree/EegBidsInsertionPython/python>
folder of my branch and it comes with documentation regarding that new
pipeline and database infrastructure in the docs
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/tree/EegBidsInsertionPython/python/docs>
directory within the python
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/tree/EegBidsInsertionPython/python>
folder (including the install process). In that python
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/tree/EegBidsInsertionPython/python>
folder, there is also an SQL patch that you would need to run (
BIDS_EEG_tables.sql
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/blob/EegBidsInsertionPython/python/BIDS_EEG_tables.sql>)
before running the main insertion script called bids_import.py
<https://github.com/cmadjar/Loris-MRI/blob/EegBidsInsertionPython/python/bids_import.py>
.

We are currently also working on the front-end module to display the
inserted EEG files and it might take another few months to complete the
interactive view of EEG files.

Feel free to look through the documentation on my branch for the EEG
insertion into LORIS, it should help you get it on your sandbox and test it
with your dataset. Note that for it to work, it has to be BIDS compliant
(feel free to refer to that document that is the final proposal for raw
BIDS EEG
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArMZ9Y_quTKXC-jNXZksnedK2VHHoKP3HCeO5HPcgLE/edit>
).

Finally, if you have any question or problem with this pipeline, please let
me know so I can help you out.

Best,

Cécile