[Loris-dev] Feedback and Behavioural QC permissions

Rida Abou-Haidar rida.loris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:47:17 EDT 2017

Hi Normand,

You are correct, in the current state of things, the Behavioural QC
functionality is an all-or-nothing architecture where you either can or
can't edit the QC on a specific instrument, timepoint and/or candidate.

As for the intended use, I can give you an example from a couple currently
active projects. The data-entry personnel are responsible of transferring
all the data on paper to LORIS, this constitutes the Initial Data-entry
Step.  Once that is done, the instruments are set to status:Complete. The
monitoring personnel then randomly select a certain percentage of the
completed instruments and flag them for monitoring (this step is still
manual at this point but we are hoping on automating it in a near future).
the Instrument (or even entire Timepoints) flagged for monitoring get
reviewed by the proper personnel and any encountered issues with the data
are reported using the feedback panel. This initiates a back and forth on
each specific issue until the issue is resolved and at that time it can be
set to closed (by the monitoring personnel usually) in the feedback panel.

Keep in . mind that feedback can be either at a candidate level, a
timepoint level or an instrument level. I have attached a couple of
diagrams showing our workflows for the CCNA project. Keep in mind that not
all these steps have to be linear, we chose to place them as such to
facilitate our own personal goals but some of these can be inverted and
some completely not used. I do not have any permissions default assignment
unfortunately, we manage that with an internal google sheet giving each
user a role and defining a set of permissions for that role. We are however
looking forward to incorporating a similar feature into loris 19.0 (PR:
https://github.com/aces/Loris/pull/2642)

Hopefully this answers all your questions and sorry for the delayed reply,
Best,
Rida Abou-Haidar
CCNA Software Developer
Montreal Neurological Institute