[Loris-dev] troubleshooting MRI upload via image uploader and registering instrument in backend

Christine Rogers christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Mon May 15 18:14:37 EDT 2017

Hi Carolina,
Happy to address your second question -- thanks for catching that omission
in the wiki, not sure why we haven't found this gap before in the LINST
documentation - I've added notes to update this.

note: Test subgroups do apply to LINST instruments exactly as they apply to
PHP-coded instruments.

Test subgroups are simply used to organize the list of instruments
displayed in any given timepoint into blocks of related instruments.
Typically, it's useful to visually break down a long list of instruments in
a visit into categories such as (e.g.) "Developmental" measures, then
"Communication" tests, followed by "Medical/Family History" questionnaires,
etc.

To define these test_subgroups, use a MySQL insert statement to add each to
the *test_subgroups* table, e.g.: To display 'Developmental' instruments
first in order within each timepoint page:

> INSERT INTO *test_subgroups* (Subgroup_name, group_order) VALUES
> ('Developmental', '1');

Next, associate each instruments to a subgroup, by updating the *test_names*
table to populate the Sub_group field. (I'm assuming your instruments
already exist in *test_names*; note only one subgroup per instrument is
best.)

e.g. To add the Vineland II (testname: 'vabs2') to the 'Developmental'
measures subgroup :

UPDATE *test_names* SET Sub_group =
>      (SELECT ID FROM *test_subgroups*
>          WHERE Subgroup_name = 'Developmental')
> WHERE Test_name = 'vabs2' ;

Hope this helps --
cheers,
Christine

christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience | MCIN.ca
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University | Montreal | Canada