[Loris-dev] troubleshooting MRI upload via image uploader and registering instrument in backend

Mouna Safi-Harab mouna.safi-harb at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun May 14 08:00:39 EDT 2017

Hi Carolina,

I will try to address the first point, and let someone else in the Loris team address the second.

For the prod file error, I have seen this and it can be caused by multiple issues, so I will attempt to list a few possible causes, and hopefully one of them would resolve your problem (I am suspecting 1)b) could solve your issue):

1) environment file:

a) please confirm that the environment file (which is at /data/abcd/bin/mri/) includes the path to your dicom_archive directory:

export LORIS_CONFIG=/data/abcd/bin/mri/dicom-archive
b) source the environment file before running the pipeline:
(just type: source environment at the command line),
then type: echo $PATH to see if you get all the PATHS in the environment file sourced

2) permissions:
just make sure we have 770 permissions on the directories (recusrively) leading up to .loris_mri; and that they are owned by lorisadmin and groupowned by the front0end user (www-data). Then ensure a 640 permission on the prod file itself (with the same ownership and group ownership).

3) prod file customised routines:
If you edited the prod file, sometimes a syntax error in some of its project customizable routines could issue the error you are getting. Sp if for example you modified the getSubject() routine in the prod file, and opened a { and forgot to close it, you would get the error that the prod file is not readable...
You can send me your file separately (WITHOUT the database credentials) if you wish and I can check if this is the cause.

Let me know!

- Mouna