[Loris-dev] database problem - local installation of LORIS

Patrik Andersson patrik.andersson at ling.su.se
Wed Aug 9 07:59:55 EDT 2017

?Hi all,

I am trying to install LORIS on my desktop to test things out. I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 (dual boot with Windows 10) for this purpose. For this LORIS test I would like to have all parts on the same computer.

I have managed to get as far as trying to install the database, but here I have run into problem. I should point out that I'm normally working with neuroscience and in other words, I am far outside my comfort zone...

I'm trying to follow the instructions at https://github.com/aces/Loris/wiki/Hosting-the-Database-Myself, but

when submitting the information on http://localhost/installdb.php I get a message

"Could not connect to MySQL server and create database with credentials provided.".

I used the following details:

Server Hostname: localhost
Admin Username: root
Admin Password: *************
Database name: LORIS

I have enabled the root user, in case that matters.
Any ideas or suggestions of where I have screwed things up? With my lack of knowledge on these things I realize it can be something really trivial or obvious.

Thanks!
Patrik