[Loris-dev] Install help - smarty error

Santaniello, Adam Adam.Santaniello at ucsf.edu
Sat Dec 10 22:32:21 EST 2016

Hello LORIS people,
I'm trying (hard!) to get a working LORIS instance running.
After many hours spent surmounting various daemon/config issues during the installation process on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 -- I will be making numerous PRs if we end up using LORIS -- I am finally at a point of trying to load the main page.

I get WSOD, and I see this in my apache error logs:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'login.tpl' <-- \n  thrown in /var/www/myloris/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 139

Help?
Thank you.
Adam