[Loris-dev] VM / localhost/ VM IP ??

Najmeh Khalili-Mahani, Dr najmeh.khalilimahani at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 30 15:18:32 EDT 2015

Thanks David.

In that file (which is in /var/www/loris/project/) I have

…

I don't think the localhost is set up properly (And sysadmins are missing,
so no feedback from them!)

I have the passwords for lorisadmin and mysql.  I tried running mysql with

*mysql -u loris -p my_mysql_passwrd; *

Then it asks for a second password (which I am not sure what password
should be). I supplied the same my_mysql_passwrd but it gives

*ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'loris'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)*

I tried it with another password (the one that I found in the config.xml
file), but the same error.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:03 PM, David MacFarlane, Mr. <
david.macfarlane2 at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Hi Najmeh,
>
> Is Loris installed by the sysadmin to the point where you can log in
> locally? If so,
> you can see the connection information that it's using in the
> loris/project/config.xml
> file. Inside the <database> tag it should have all the information,
> including a
> <host> tag with the MySQL host that it's connecting to.
>
> If it's not there, then I think the only person who can tell you the
> hostname that the
> MySQL server is running on is the sysadmin or dbadmin who set up the
> account
> for you..
>
> -- Dave
>
> From: najmeh.khalilimahani at mcgill.ca
> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:45:33 -0400
> To: loris-dev at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
> CC: Sriram.Narayanan at concordia.ca
> Subject: [Loris-dev] VM / localhost/ VM IP ??
>

> Hi,
>
> (sorry for these naive questions)
>
> Our sys admin has installed LORIS on a VMware (player, in MS) running on
> CentOS 6.
> He has also set up the mySQL account for me.
>
> I am now struggling to make the outside world see this instance of
> LORIS-on-VM.
>
> I was told:
>
> "If you can open a MySQL prompt & update the appropriate table where that
> redirect value is kept within the Loris database, that should do it."
>
> But mySQL requires a host which I don't know how to find! :-) [-h
> localhost didn't work]. Can you please point me to where it is in the
> documentation?]
>
> Thanks
> Naj

Najmeh Khalili-Mahani, PhD
Research Associate
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University

NW-143, 3801 University St.
Montreal, QC, H3A 2B4