[Loris-dev] VM / localhost/ VM IP ??

Najmeh Khalili-Mahani, Dr najmeh.khalilimahani at mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 29 10:45:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

(sorry for these naive questions)

Our sys admin has installed LORIS on a VMware (player, in MS) running on
CentOS 6.
He has also set up the mySQL account for me.

I am now struggling to make the outside world see this instance of
LORIS-on-VM.

I was told:

"If you can open a MySQL prompt & update the appropriate table where that
redirect value is kept within the Loris database, that should do it."

But mySQL requires a host which I don't know how to find! :-) [-h localhost
didn't work]. Can you please point me to where it is in the documentation?]

Thanks
Naj