[Loris-dev] LORIS - installation difficulties

Christine Rogers christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 6 17:52:07 EST 2015

Hi Angela,
Thanks for your question.
While running the Install script, if you are encountering the message "Could
not create the database with the root user provided"  it's most likely
because the username and password you are providing doesn't have permission
to create a database on the MySQL service you are logging into.
Are you using the "root" user credential?  If so, some other issue may be
the cause - feel free to let us know if you have further questions.

Specifically, the privilege CREATE_DATABASE is required to create a new
database in MySQL.  If you have been granted a non-root user account to log
into mysql hosted elsewhere (on a different server or VM), then the
administrator who gave you the account can create a blank database for you
(e.g. called "loris"), which the install script can then automatically
populate for you based on the default schema.

Best,
Christine

christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
LORIS data systems | loris.ca
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience| MCIN.ca
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University | Montreal | Canada