[Loris-dev] LORIS Web login issue - new Loris install

Christine Rogers christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 18 15:24:04 EDT 2015

Hi YoungVin and the Loris-dev mailing list,

>New create ID web login try -> "Incorrect username or password" or "Your
account has not yet been activated. Please contact your project
administrator to activate this account."

When a user gets this message, the administrator should (if appropriate) go
to the User Accounts module (under Admin menu), find the user account and
set Pending=N.

> 4. Another method -> using Terminal -> mysql login -> SQL syntax : UPDATE
users SET Password_md5=concat('aa',MD5) where UserID='amcahy';

You should enter the actual password you wish to set for the user,
immediately after 'aa and before the next '
e.g.  UPDATE users SET Password_md5=concat('aaNewPassword123!',MD5) where
UserID='amcahy';

For anyone out there trying a new install of Loris on a Mac, don't forget
that a few steps in the install script must be manually executed.
For example, before the front-end admin user will be able to log in for the
first time, reset in mysql 2 key fields in the users table:
 Password_expiry (currently 2015-03-30) and setting Pending_approval='N'.

Best,
Christine

christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
LORIS data systems