[Loris-dev] Loris Developer Workshop Part 2

Dave MacFarlane david.macfarlane2 at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 18 15:43:50 EST 2015

Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who came to the first Loris Developers workshop last week.
We're still working on putting up the video for those who couldn't make it, but in the meantime Athena Buckthought has very kindly (and laboriously!) provided a written transcript of the session that I've put onto the wiki at https://github.com/aces/Loris/wiki/Developer-Workshop-2015-02-13 . (I've done a little editing for clarity and formatting, so if you notice any problems, it's probably my fault, not hers. If you think some of my editing isn't faithful to something that was said, feel free to clean it up further.)
I've also added a section to the Technical section of the wiki here: https://github.com/aces/Loris/wiki/Developer-Workshops which I'll try to keep updated about upcoming workshops.
The next workshop will be on Tuesday March 3, 2015 at 3:30 as discussed at the end of the last workshop. We've reserved the BT-100 room for it.
I'm hoping to be able to cover some details of the php/libraries core classes and some explanations of the database tables in Loris at this session, so that in the session after that we can dive in to a more practical application of writing a simple Loris module from scratch, but it's possible we'll have to split the core classes and database tables into 2 sessions depending on how things go.
Hope to see you all then,
- Dave