[Loris-dev] Regarding Loris installation

Dave MacFarlane david.macfarlane2 at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 4 15:27:38 EST 2015

Hi Ramanandan,
1. Smarty is installed from composer, you don't need to apt-get install it anymore as of Release 15.102. You need to run "composer install --no-dev" from the LORIS directory, not your home directory, which    is why it can't find composer.json3. The PHP/PEAR package repository (pear.php.net) had some downtime and the install script couldn't   retrieve dependencies (such as the Benchmark library). Can you try running "composer install --no-dev"  (from the LORIS directory) and see if it works now? They seem to be partially back up, but I'm not sure if all  their packages are restored yet..

-- Dave