[MINC-users] Display's "Fill 3D" on the command line?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:58:02 EDT 2018

Hi Gabriel,

Not that I am aware of, unless Vlad has written something. Which is
highly likely.

However I think you could do this a round about way with mincmorph (probably)

First binarise the image

   $ mincmorph -successive B[floor:ceil] in.mnc ...

Then do Connected Component Labelling (note that the components are
labelled in ascending order of #voxels. Might be useful, might not be
for what you are doing.

   $ mincmorph -successive B[floor:ceil]G in.mnc CCL.mnc

Then determine the value at your point

   $ value=$(mincextract -nonormalize -ascii -start x,y,z -count 1,1,1 CCL.mnc)

Then use this value with minccalc / mincmorph / mincmath

   $ minccalc -expression 'A[0] = $value CCL.mnc mask.mnc
   $ mincmorph -successive K[$value:$value] CCL.mnc mask.mnc
   $ mincmath -const2 $value $value -clamp ...blah tiddly something,
Hrm perhaps not with mincmath, it's two steps I think.

I suggest mincmorph as you will have complete control over the
structuring element/kernel. See the -kernel option if you don't want
to use one of the standard ones.

ta