[MINC-users] Subdividing a coloured surface object

Andrew Wood andrew at biospective.com
Mon Nov 20 19:40:18 EST 2017

Hi again,

I haven't had much luck with Claude's tools yet. subdivide_values seems to
use a non-nearest-neighbour interpolant, so isn't suitable for my atlas
application. subdivide_texture is giving me a segmentation fault, so I'm
probably using it wrong.

Bert's develop branch of bicpl/Display is getting me close, but I'm stuck
on pulling the vertex labels out of the coloured object to a .txt file.
obj_colour_to_texture complains that "PER_VERTEX_COLOURS not yet
supported". I've been trying to dig directly in the .obj text file and it
looks like the integer atlas labels that I loaded with -vertex in Display
get converted to r/g/b triples. I can figure out the inverse colour map to
get back from rgb=>integer, but I feel there's got to be a more direct way
to do this.

Thanks,
Andrew