[MINC-users] mincresample -like problem

Robert D. Vincent bert at phalarope.com
Thu Jun 8 08:50:59 EDT 2017

Hi Jerome,

Irregular dimensions in MINC are used to represent situations like a PET
acquisition with irregularly-spaced sample points in time. Irregular
dimensions are represented with a vector of sample points, in some places
the code checks that the sample points are valid (monotonically increasing,
with no repeated values). We should see errors only if there is something
wrong with the original DICOM.

Most spatial dimensions in MRI and PET are regular, meaning that they can
be expressed with just a pair of values that represent a start and step.

In the file header you sent, the spatial dimensions are marked as
irregular, but they have the correct attributes to be treated as regular.

     -bert