[MINC-users] mincresample -like problem

Jérôme Redouté redoute at cermep.fr
Wed Jun 7 10:51:01 EDT 2017

Hi all,

here is the problem we are facing with:

1. dcm2mnc DICOM to TEP_DYN.mnc

2. mincaverage  -avgdim time TEP_DYN.mnc TEP_sum.mnc

3. mnc2nii TEP_sum.mnc TEP_sum.nii

3. we use SPM to coregister TEP_sum.nii with MRI, segment MRI and then
push ATLAS.nii in TEP_sum space

4. at this point: ATLAS.nii and TEP_sum.nii are well coregistred when
checking with register

5. nii2mnc -byte ATLAS.nii ATLAS.mnc

6. then we need to resample ATLAS.mnc:

     mincresample -verbose -nearest_neighbour -byte -like TEP_sum.mnc
ATLAS.mnc ATLAS_Res.mnc

the problem is at this step:

we get warnings:

> WARN: Irregular dimension in file TEP_sum.mnc contains non-monotonic
> or repeated values.
> WARN: Something is wrong with the irregular dimension in file TEP_sum.mnc.
>       Substituting a step size of 1.0.
> WARN: Irregular dimension in file EP_sum.mnc contains non-monotonic or
> repeated values.
> WARN: Something is wrong with the irregular dimension in file EP_sum.mnc.
>       Substituting a step size of 1.0.
> WARN: Irregular dimension in file EP_sum.mnc contains non-monotonic or
> repeated values.
> WARN: Something is wrong with the irregular dimension in file EP_sum.mnc.
>       Substituting a step size of 1.0.
and the resulting ATLAS_Res.mnc is not coregistred with TEP_sum.mnc

Any ideas n what is wrong with our reference image?

thank you

Jerome