[MINC-users] zlib new version

Jean-Philippe Coutu jp at biospective.com
Fri Jan 13 14:50:08 EST 2017

Dear MINC-users,

I was compiling the c code of minc-toolkit and noticed that zlib does not
seem to have the 1.2.8 version available at the URL specified in the
BuildZLIB.cmake file (http://zlib.net/zlib-1.2.8.tar.gz), which prevents
the compilation. I suspect that it may not be available anymore due to the
new Jan 2017 version 1.2.10 (or temporary, in which case ignore this).

I was able to circumvent that using my system's zlib, but beforehand I also
tried switching the URL to point to http://zlib.net/zlib-1.2.10.tar.xz
instead with the appropriate md5sum, and the compilation still crashed at
some point (missing libraries for mnc2nii). Unfortunately did not save the
error message, but should not be hard to replicate with cloning
minc-toolkit and trying to compile as indicated here:
https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-toolkit/blob/master/README.md

Just thought I should post this here in case someone is struggling to
compile the toolkit.

Best,
JP