[MINC-users] Mapping surface (verstats) data into volume space

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:23:31 EDT 2016

Have you tried making a colored object and then scanning it to volume?

Most .obj files default to having just one color per object, and for good
reason, this lets you overlay different vertstats data and the like on the
same object. But you can also create a .obj file where the color is stored
per vertex. The program to do this is colour_object and should come with
the default minc installation.

With some luck, scan_object_to_volume will not ignore the colored data.
worth a shot anyway.

Here is some reference material for .obj files:
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Services/HowToWorkWithObjectFiles

In particular you can see how things are colored here:
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/users/david/FAQ/polygons_format.txt