[MINC-users] Blurring with noise and/or sharp edges

David Wack dswack at buffalo.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:02:59 EDT 2016

You might try what I call masked smoothing.

http://bmcmedimaging.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2342-14-28

I used it to smooth separately vessels and tissue in CT, but it works
just as well for any mask.    If I remember correctly you just need to mask
the
image, then smooth, then correct using the same smoothing applied to the
mask.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Louis Collins, Dr. <louis.collins at mcgill.ca