[MINC-users] Computing a "orthogonalizing" rotation transform?

Andrew Wood andrew at biospective.com
Wed May 4 14:32:58 EDT 2016

Hi Gabriel,

You might already be aware of this, but Nifti files can simultaneously
encode two different world spaces (see qform and sform).  It's my
understanding that the Nifti standard stately clearly how they're to be
used, but many toolsets choose to not conform; one must be very careful
when using tools coming from different nifti toolkits.

Here's an example where the qform/sform issue could lead to confusion: a
viewer could use the sform to position the image in the viewer, but then a
nifti-minc converter could pick up the qform to generate the world axes;
the sform orientation information would then be lost.

Not sure if that helps, but it could be related.

Cheers,
Andrew