[MINC-users] Building xfm2def

Andrew Wood andrew at biospective.com
Thu Mar 3 00:14:20 EST 2016

Hi again,

I managed to build xfm2def (I'll issue a small pull request to update for
VIO), but I'm not sure what to make of it's behaviour. I'm trying to use it
to approximate a linear transform as a deformation grid.

I ran xfm2def on a "-rotations 30 30 30" xfm, then used it in mincresample
to rotate a make_phantom volume (grid and phantom sampled like each other).
Here's the result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcZlhs8X1gFWUNQa2RMd3o3dTg/view?usp=sharing

Are there limitations in xfm2def that would prevent it from approximating a
linear transform like this?

Thanks,
Andrew