[MINC-users] xfm2param exit status

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 23:59:03 EST 2016

Hi all,

I stumbled across the fact that when xfm2param is not able to convert the
given linear transform to a set of parameters, it reports an identity
transform, with a warning:

WARNING: (rotmat_to_ang.c:193) step one: rz not in the range -pi/2..pi/2
Cannot convert R to radians

however the exit status is 0 (success). I use xfm2param an awful lot,
buried deep in scripts, and am realizing that this warning has always gone
unnoticed due to the 0 exit status.

I'd say that xfm2param should fail (have a non-zero exit status) when it is
not able to interpret the xfm, rather than report the identity transform?

-- A