[MINC-users] dcm2mnc vs 3D DICOM

Robert D. Vincent robert.d.vincent at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 11 15:43:19 EST 2016

Hi Alex,

That is surprising. There is only one position indicated in the file, and
we are correctly reading it as 0, 0, 0 (it's a DICOM element 0020, 0032).
So as far as we are concerned we're assigning the correct start values.

It's possible that dcm2nii is "inventing" position values corresponding to
the centre of the grid - are they something like 150.6? (128/2)*2.353

    -bert