[MINC-users] dcm2mnc vs 3D DICOM

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:33:00 EST 2016

Hi all,

I got some 3D DICOM SPECT data that dcm2mnc issues with - depending on what
version of dcm2mnc I use, I get somewhat different results; but in most
cases I end up with irregular z-spacing and/or a flipped z-axis. The most
recent version I tried was dcm2mnc version 2.01.03 from minc-toolkit
version 1.0.08.

If I run the same thing through dcm2nii followed by nii2mnc (ugh!), I
actually get a volume that looks like I expected. There appears to be
coordinate space information in the 3D DICOM that dcm2nii seems to be able
to interpret, but dcm2mnc does not.

Thoughts/pointers/updated versions of dcm2mnc?

Here is a sample DICOM set:
​
 s1_0013006_3006.dcm.gz
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5fOtqpIs4sKVVlVVVF0VTZ5Sjg/view?usp=drive_web>