[MINC-users] Isolated Spots in mincbeast masks?

Gabriel A. Devenyi gdevenyi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:33:56 EST 2015

Hi all,

I’m having some trouble with mincbeast producing masks with isolated spots,
despite using the -fill option when invoking. See attached screenshot of a
brain-mask overlay.

I would’ve expected that the mask would be expanded to encompass the
isolated mask component, is that not the case?

I invoked mincbeast with the following

mincbeast -clobber -verbose -fill -median -same_res -flip -conf
/opt/quarantine/resources/BEaST_libraries/combined/default.1mm.conf
/opt/quarantine/resources/BEaST_libraries/combined
preprocessed/OAS1_0019_MR1_mpr_n4_anon_sbj_111.n4correct.affine_register_masked.cutneckapply.beastnormalize.mnc
preprocessed/OAS1_0019_MR1_mpr_n4_anon_sbj_111.n4correct.affine_register_masked.cutneckapply.beastnormalize.beastmask.mnc

​
​Am I missing something or is this a bug?​

--
Gabriel A. Devenyi B.Eng. Ph.D.
Research Computing Associate
e: gdevenyi at gmail.com